Friday, November 22, 2013

Thankful





It's so very human to take the good things in life for granted. I wish I could say I think about the things I'm thankful for daily, but I'm with the majority on this one. I complain about school work, I whine about the weather, and I'm often upset or worried about things that don't matter. Thanksgiving is a time to really appreciate what you have and spend time with the people you love. I know the holidays are a time when everyone gets extra mushy about what they love, but we should try to continue those joyful exchanges throughout the year. We can be thankful for our families and our friends without it being Thanksgiving. Regardless, I'm incredibly thankful for the blessed life I live. I have a strong family with loving parents who I can count on and a supportive, encouraging brother who continues to be a role model for me. I attend a university where I'm growing my knowledge every day and learning about the world. I have close friends who I care about deeply and know they'll always be there for me. I have a boyfriend that loves and respects me. I have my health, and so does my family. I have a fluffy, goofy pup that makes me smile. The list could go on. I'm so blessed and I will no longer take that for granted. Take a moment to think about what you're thankful for and HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...