Monday, November 18, 2013

Response to an "Existential Bummer"

"Existential Bummer"


Filmmaker Jason Silva's words inspire me. Some days I go through the motions and forget to stop and appreciate the beauty that surrounds me. I forget to smile at strangers or take a minute to realize the seasons are changing before my eyes. One day I will be gone. Everything will be gone.

As Silva says, I think we've all felt nostalgic for something over something we haven't lost yet. Days we haven't lived, places we haven't been, time we haven't yet spent. I find myself worrying about things that may never happen while I could be out making something more of my life. I want to vow to live life a little harder. Say yes more often. Follow my dreams even if I am uncertain of where they'll lead me. Love without reservations. I will recognize the transience, but I'll hold onto the love and make it last. "I do not accept the ephemeral nature of this moment. I'm going to extend it forever, or at least I'm going to try." 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that video is powerful. It made me stop and reflect on life and those that surround me. I'm going to love a bit harder and will not take time for granted. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...